The best stories start with a great idea, and the great idea at the heart of the AllowMe story emerged after Simon Dennehy and Phil Hamilton of Dublin’s Perch Design asked themselves, ‘How can we make a chair that beautifully mimics dynamic human movement?’
The practice wanted to create a beautifully simple chair that would move fluidly with the user… An ergonomic chair that would improve comfort and wellbeing by promoting continuous low-threshold movement and active-dynamic sitting, for any size or shape of user, built around pelvic rotation and hip abduction.
In their quest for enabling ‘applied human movement’, Dennehy and Hamilton took to their workshop, applying engineering ingenuity and creative thinking to basic modelling techniques and materials. The result was a chair back involving a single piece of geometry based on a helical sprung section, providing progressive resistance during the natural recline movement of the user, regardless of their shape or size.
- Glides: Low Profile Glide available as standard. (MBS) 65mm Glide available as standard. (MBC
- Castors: 65mm Hard Black Castor available as standard. (MBSH)
65mm Black Castor (Soft Grey tyre) Brake Loaded available as standard. (MBP). 65mm Hard Black Castor Brake Loaded optional. (MBP)
- Base: Polished Aluminium 4 Star Base available as standard. (MBS). Black or Light Grey Nylon 5 Star Base available as standard. (MBSH, MBP, MBC
- Column: Black available as standard. (MBS)
- Gas Lift: Black available as standard. (MBSH, MBP, MBC) Light Grey optional. (MBSH, MBP, MBC).
- Plastic Trim Colour: Black, Dark Grey or Light Grey options available.
- Mesh: Carbon or Ash available as standard.